Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fall Is In the Air!

   I can't believe how fast this summer has flown.  We got done with the fair last week and it was actually parka weather at the top of the ferris wheel. As always, summer is too short and while I never look forward to the brisk air that fall brings, I love to watch the leaves change on the hill above our house.
   Dylan did an awesome job this year with his steer and at the horse show.  His Grandma Joan came to stay for a couple of days so she could watch him compete and we both loved having her here.  Aunt Ash,  little Sophie, and Grandma Dana also came to watch him.  I know he really appreciates the support so thanks to all for making time to come.
   We stuck around home a lot this summer due to a late baseball season and keeping our little hobby farm going.   Dylan had a great time at GOFASA, (the summer adventure program) and was disappointed to miss the last trip because of a conflict with baseball.  He loves the bare bones camping and hiking they do as well as the friends he makes in the process.
  As for me, when I wasn't mowing, harrowing,  riding horses w/Dylan, or spending time at the doctor's office to kill off my hyperactive thyroid, I spent a fair bit of time taking classes this summer.  The most interesting was the week I spent learning about phosphate mining.  I know it sounds drab but it was actually very eye opening for someone who takes her toothpaste for granted.  As always, I'm grateful to have a good job and am able to enjoy life a little more these past two years instead of just surviving it.
  Here's to the start of a new school year! Ready or not, here it comes! 
     

No comments:

Our Favorite FHE Treat!

Our Favorite FHE Treat!

The Intermitting Spring

The Intermitting Spring

A Really Cool Hike!

A Really Cool Hike!
Freshest & Purest H20 Around