Saturday, October 3, 2009

Where Did Fall Go?

We woke up Tuesday morning to a drastic drop in temperature and by Wednesday morning we had 3 inches of snow on our front porch; all this before October 1st!  We've been in school a little over a month now and I can't believe how fast has gone by.  
   Dylan is in 6th grade this year and is loving his status as one of the 'big kids in the school'.  He is continuing on in the orchestra and looking forward to their much coveted trip to a festival in Cheyenne later this year.  He's also taking piano lessons that he is enjoying more each year...finally! (I'm hoping the years of making him practice are soon behind us as he is doing it on his own more often.)   Dylan also just turned 12 and was ordained a Deacon.  I have really enjoyed seeing his enthusiasm for the gospel grow the last few weeks.  He no longer waits for me if he even thinks I'm going to be late for church. He is out the door 20 minutes early and eager to take his place with his quorum to pass the Sacrament.   He also went on a 25-mile bike ride a couple weeks ago with the Scouts.  I was a basket case wondering if he would be able to keep up with the older boys, but he came home button-poppin' proud of himself and had a great time.  I am grateful that he is doing so well and that he has earned the privilege of holding the Priesthood that brings the Spirit closer in our home.  He is really growing from a boy to a young man fast.  I was  looking at my 7th graders playing football this year and can't believe that Dylan will be doing that next year.  He can't wait, but I think I can.  
   I absolutely love my students this year. I feel really blessed.  They inspire me to do better everyday because they are such nice kids and work hard.  (Knock on wood!)  I'm not quite ready to turn in my sandals for boots though.  I would love to get a few more horse rides and hikes in before the snow decides to stay.  I'm crossing my fingers!   

No comments:

Our Favorite FHE Treat!

Our Favorite FHE Treat!

The Intermitting Spring

The Intermitting Spring

A Really Cool Hike!

A Really Cool Hike!
Freshest & Purest H20 Around